Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza completely developed in India
The upcoming Maruti Vitara Brezza which will be showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 will be a grounds up product for the company. The bigger news is that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been built entirely inhouse and under the supervision of C V Raman, executive director of engineering at MSIL.
This is the first project where the Indian R&D team led from the front. The global R&D team didn't have a say in this project and the entire decisions were taken by the inhouse R&D team. Maruti first showcased the Vitara Brezza as a concept at the 2012 Auto Expo, in the form of the XA-Alpha concept. Nearly four years later, the new Vitara Brezza is ready to be showcased in its production form. This is generally the time frame that Suzuki's R&D team usually takes for a concept to be put into production.
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza teaser
Expect the sub-4m compact Maruti Vitara Brezza SUV to use the tried and tested engines from the family. We believe Maruti will use the 1.2-litre and 1.3-litre petrol and diesel engines respectively in the Vitara Brezza. The company may also debut its all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor in the Vitara Brezza.
More details on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will emerge on February 3, 2016.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the upcoming Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018