Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza completely developed in India
The upcoming Maruti Vitara Brezza which will be showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 will be a grounds up product for the company. The bigger news is that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been built entirely inhouse and under the supervision of C V Raman, executive director of engineering at MSIL.
This is the first project where the Indian R&D team led from the front. The global R&D team didn't have a say in this project and the entire decisions were taken by the inhouse R&D team. Maruti first showcased the Vitara Brezza as a concept at the 2012 Auto Expo, in the form of the XA-Alpha concept. Nearly four years later, the new Vitara Brezza is ready to be showcased in its production form. This is generally the time frame that Suzuki's R&D team usually takes for a concept to be put into production.
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza teaser
Expect the sub-4m compact Maruti Vitara Brezza SUV to use the tried and tested engines from the family. We believe Maruti will use the 1.2-litre and 1.3-litre petrol and diesel engines respectively in the Vitara Brezza. The company may also debut its all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor in the Vitara Brezza.
More details on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will emerge on February 3, 2016.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the upcoming Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907