Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza facelift could get side airbags and sunroof
A report on the internet suggests that Maruti Suzuki will equip the Vitara Brezza sub-four metre SUV with better safety features like side airbags and also a sunroof. The facelift seems not too far away, given that the SUV will not be sold in its present iteration post-April 2020.
Maruti Suzuki has decided to not continue selling diesels in India once BSVI norms come into force, but the Vitara Brezza is only available with the 1.3-litre Multijet diesel. This invariably means that significant updates are in the works, given that the Brezza is by far the segment leader when it comes to sales. New entrants like the Mahindra XUV300 and Hyundai Venue haven't also threatened its position here.
We expect Maruti Suzuki to equip the SUV with the 1.2-litre DualJet motor that recently debuted on the Baleno. The new BSVI engine gets two fuel injectors and two intake valves per cylinder as opposed to one fuel injector in the earlier 1.2 unit, upping outputs to 91pS and 113 Nm. This tech helps the engine run cleaner and a mild hybrid system is on offer. The hybrid system gets an updated torque assist function and an improved start-stop system. A brake energy regeneration system that recharges the lithium-ion battery under deceleration is on offer as well. The company claims a fuel efficiency number of 23.87 kmpl for the Baleno, so expect a similar return on the Brezza.
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India