Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza likely to launch in India on March 21
The news of any expected new car launch from Maruti Suzuki always gets our fellow countrymen interested. Needless to say, ever since the all-new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact SUV was unveiled at the 2016 Auto Expo, everyone has been talking about it. And now, the excitement is about to reach showrooms with Maruti Suzuki likely to launch the Vitara Brezza in India on March 21, 2016.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will be available in six trims- LDi, LDi (O), VDi, VDi (O), ZDi and ZDi+. You can find out more about the details of each variant here.
While driver airbag will be standard across the range, ABS, EBD and a passenger airbag will be optional on the base trims. The Vitara Brezza is the first Maruti Suzuki vehicle to be homologated for the offset and side impact compliance. iCAT has already issued MSIL a certificate for the same.
The Vitara Brezza is powered by the tried and tested Fiat-sourced 200 DDiS engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The carmaker is also working on a petrol variant which will be offered later. Maruti Suzuki has also told us that the Vitara Brezza AMT variant will be introduced later but it's unclear whether on the petrol or diesel or both engines.
On the important features front, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV gets a cockpit style instrument cluster with mood lights and a SMARTPLAY infotainment system. Prospective Maruti Vitara Brezza buyers will have the option of getting their vehicle customized directly from the showroom. They can choose from theme based options- Glamour, Urban and Sporty. The ZDi (O) even gets a dual color scheme.
Maruti's all-new compact SUV has been conceptualized and designed in-house. It was developed at a cost Rs 860 crores and the localization level is at 98 per cent. The Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra TUV300 will be the Vitara Brezza's competitors in the compact SUV segment.
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani