Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol and diesel automatic in the works
Maruti Suzuki for quite sometime has been planning a petrol engine for its Vitara Brezza SUV. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol is likely to be offered with a CVT from the Baleno. The petrol engine could likely be the same unit from the Maruti Baleno RS (102PS/150Nm) but with more localised parts to help price the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol more attractively. Sources also say that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza's 90PS/200Nm 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced turbo diesel engine will also be offered with an AMT. This news comes in at a time when Tata Motors is gearing up to launch its Nexon SUV today and Ford India is prepping for the refreshed EcoSport launch in November. Expect the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol to be priced around Rs 6 lakh while the diesel AMT is expected to retail close to the Rs 11 lakh ex-showroom price tag.
The Maruti Suzuki Brezza is likely to be getting an automatic soon!
When we last checked with CV Raman, chief executive engineer of Maruti Suzuki, he had confirmed that there will be a petrol option for the highly popular Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, however, there was no time line mentioned. Maruti and Mahindra are the only manufacturers in the sub-4m SUV space to offer their Vitara Brezza and Tuv300 with diesel engines. The others like the Ford EcoSport, Honda WR-V and now the Tata Nexon offer a choice of petrol engines too. Given that now the momentum is shifting from diesels to petrols, it is but fair that India's largest maker of passengers cars should cash in. The Tata Nexon especially will come with an AMT option for both the petrol and diesel engines within the next six months.
When launched last year, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza had a six month waiting period but now due to the increase in production and the product becoming somewhat old, the waiting period has come down to a month. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in fact figures on the top 10 best selling cars each month. A petrol Vitara Brezza and that too with an automatic option will just be an icing on the cake.
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review