Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza receives over two lakh bookings
Maruti Suzuki had begun accepting bookings for the Vitara Brezza in February 2016. In around two weeks, it ended up receiving over 25,000 bookings. It became clear that Maruti Suzuki had a new winner in its portfolio. Even now, the compact SUV continues to receive a lot of attention. Maruti Suzuki has now officially announced that the Vitara Brezza has received over two lakh bookings in India.
The Vitara Brezza is powered by the tried-and-tested 1.3-litre diesel engine that also does duty in other models like the Ertiga and the Ciaz. This unit makes 90PS and 200Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. It is available in a choice of seven variants.
In May last year, the waiting period for the Vitara Brezza had increased to seven months. Over 50 per cent of the bookings for Maruti's compact SUV were for the top variants. In order to meet the high demand, Maruti Suzuki was planning to increase the production of the Vitara Brezza.
In October last year, the carmaker had introduced the iCreate vehicle customisation facility for Vitara Brezza owners. The customisation options include body graphics, alloy wheels, seat covers, interior styling kits and exterior garnishes. The company says that there are 90 permutations and combinations for buyers to choose from. A petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza is also expected to be introduced.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.77 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775