Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza receives over two lakh bookings
Maruti Suzuki had begun accepting bookings for the Vitara Brezza in February 2016. In around two weeks, it ended up receiving over 25,000 bookings. It became clear that Maruti Suzuki had a new winner in its portfolio. Even now, the compact SUV continues to receive a lot of attention. Maruti Suzuki has now officially announced that the Vitara Brezza has received over two lakh bookings in India.
The Vitara Brezza is powered by the tried-and-tested 1.3-litre diesel engine that also does duty in other models like the Ertiga and the Ciaz. This unit makes 90PS and 200Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. It is available in a choice of seven variants.
In May last year, the waiting period for the Vitara Brezza had increased to seven months. Over 50 per cent of the bookings for Maruti's compact SUV were for the top variants. In order to meet the high demand, Maruti Suzuki was planning to increase the production of the Vitara Brezza.
In October last year, the carmaker had introduced the iCreate vehicle customisation facility for Vitara Brezza owners. The customisation options include body graphics, alloy wheels, seat covers, interior styling kits and exterior garnishes. The company says that there are 90 permutations and combinations for buyers to choose from. A petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza is also expected to be introduced.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.77 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki to discontinue diesel models from 2020 - will offer an EV for Rs 9 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante
- NewsAston Martin unveils the DBS Superleggera Volante, its fastest convertible yet
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip