Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be launched in India on March 8, 2016
Contrary to rumours, Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Vitara Brezza compact SUV in India on March 8, 2016. The Maruti Vitara Brezza is the company's first stab at the burgeoning compact SUV segment in India.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza has been wholly conceptualised and produced in India. It has as much as 98 per cent localisation. First showcased at the Auto Expo 2016, the Maruti Vitara Brezza also displays the new design language by the company. In the segment that it is going to compete in, the Vitara Brezza also seems to be the most feature rich. It has Apple CarPlay, reverse camera with parking sensors, auto closing mirrors and more. Safety has been given utmost priority as chief engineer for the Brezza, CV Raman told OVERDRIVE at the Auto Expo 2016. Driver airbag is a standard fare across variants while passenger airbag as well as ABS and EBD will be optional on base trims. The Maruti Vitara Brezza is also the first car in the country to be homologated for offset and side impact compliance.
Maruti's compact SUV will initially be available with a 90PS/200Nm diesel engine and a 5-speed manual transmission. However, a petrol motor as well as AMT are a likely possibility in the future. The Maruti Vitara Brezza will not be sold through Maruti's premium Nexa range of dealerships. Ford's EcoSport, Mahindra's revised Quanto and the TUV300 will be the Vitara Brezza's competitors in the segment.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsMahendra Singh Dhoni's automobile collection: From a Mahindra tractor, ex-army offroader to a superfast SUV and more
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block