Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be launched in India on March 8, 2016
Contrary to rumours, Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Vitara Brezza compact SUV in India on March 8, 2016. The Maruti Vitara Brezza is the company's first stab at the burgeoning compact SUV segment in India.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza has been wholly conceptualised and produced in India. It has as much as 98 per cent localisation. First showcased at the Auto Expo 2016, the Maruti Vitara Brezza also displays the new design language by the company. In the segment that it is going to compete in, the Vitara Brezza also seems to be the most feature rich. It has Apple CarPlay, reverse camera with parking sensors, auto closing mirrors and more. Safety has been given utmost priority as chief engineer for the Brezza, CV Raman told OVERDRIVE at the Auto Expo 2016. Driver airbag is a standard fare across variants while passenger airbag as well as ABS and EBD will be optional on base trims. The Maruti Vitara Brezza is also the first car in the country to be homologated for offset and side impact compliance.
Maruti's compact SUV will initially be available with a 90PS/200Nm diesel engine and a 5-speed manual transmission. However, a petrol motor as well as AMT are a likely possibility in the future. The Maruti Vitara Brezza will not be sold through Maruti's premium Nexa range of dealerships. Ford's EcoSport, Mahindra's revised Quanto and the TUV300 will be the Vitara Brezza's competitors in the segment.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa