Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be launched in India on March 8, 2016
Contrary to rumours, Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Vitara Brezza compact SUV in India on March 8, 2016. The Maruti Vitara Brezza is the company's first stab at the burgeoning compact SUV segment in India.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza has been wholly conceptualised and produced in India. It has as much as 98 per cent localisation. First showcased at the Auto Expo 2016, the Maruti Vitara Brezza also displays the new design language by the company. In the segment that it is going to compete in, the Vitara Brezza also seems to be the most feature rich. It has Apple CarPlay, reverse camera with parking sensors, auto closing mirrors and more. Safety has been given utmost priority as chief engineer for the Brezza, CV Raman told OVERDRIVE at the Auto Expo 2016. Driver airbag is a standard fare across variants while passenger airbag as well as ABS and EBD will be optional on base trims. The Maruti Vitara Brezza is also the first car in the country to be homologated for offset and side impact compliance.
Maruti's compact SUV will initially be available with a 90PS/200Nm diesel engine and a 5-speed manual transmission. However, a petrol motor as well as AMT are a likely possibility in the future. The Maruti Vitara Brezza will not be sold through Maruti's premium Nexa range of dealerships. Ford's EcoSport, Mahindra's revised Quanto and the TUV300 will be the Vitara Brezza's competitors in the segment.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire