Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to have a longer waiting period in India
India's largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki entered the compact SUV segment with the Vitara Brezza. Launched at Rs 6.99 lakh (ex-Mumbai), the Vitara Brezza is available in seven variants. As expected, the SUV received over 25,000 bookings in just two-weeks of its launch. The company claims to have raked in over 40,000 bookings for the Brezza and commands a waiting period of three to four months for the SUV, as confirmed by a dealer.
At the time of its launch, the company had clearly mentioned that it plans to manufacture 8,000 units per month. Even though the booking numbers have risen exponentially, there is no official statement from the car manufacture regarding plans to ramp up production. Thus, it is obvious that the waiting period for the Maruti's latest SUV is bound to increase.
Powering the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is a 1.3-litre diesel engine that puts out 90PS/200Nm. This motor is offered with a five-speed manual transmission. We have already tested it and felt that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is more capable and luxurious than the Baleno. There is minimal body roll. The front wheel drive is also tuned to understeer for safety reasons, so hard cornering will result in the front end screeching hard before it breaks away. The Vitara Brezza comes shod with Apollo Alnacs, 215/60 R16s and these are a decent set of rubber. They are fantastic at damping and also enhance the stability. Read the detailed road test story here. We have also compared it with the Mahindra TUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. Read the detailed comparison report here.
Presently, the Vitara Brezza has a strong demand but will the longer waiting periods encourage buyers to look at other options? Let us know your views in comments below
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block