Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to have a longer waiting period in India
India's largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki entered the compact SUV segment with the Vitara Brezza. Launched at Rs 6.99 lakh (ex-Mumbai), the Vitara Brezza is available in seven variants. As expected, the SUV received over 25,000 bookings in just two-weeks of its launch. The company claims to have raked in over 40,000 bookings for the Brezza and commands a waiting period of three to four months for the SUV, as confirmed by a dealer.
At the time of its launch, the company had clearly mentioned that it plans to manufacture 8,000 units per month. Even though the booking numbers have risen exponentially, there is no official statement from the car manufacture regarding plans to ramp up production. Thus, it is obvious that the waiting period for the Maruti's latest SUV is bound to increase.
Powering the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is a 1.3-litre diesel engine that puts out 90PS/200Nm. This motor is offered with a five-speed manual transmission. We have already tested it and felt that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is more capable and luxurious than the Baleno. There is minimal body roll. The front wheel drive is also tuned to understeer for safety reasons, so hard cornering will result in the front end screeching hard before it breaks away. The Vitara Brezza comes shod with Apollo Alnacs, 215/60 R16s and these are a decent set of rubber. They are fantastic at damping and also enhance the stability. Read the detailed road test story here. We have also compared it with the Mahindra TUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. Read the detailed comparison report here.
Presently, the Vitara Brezza has a strong demand but will the longer waiting periods encourage buyers to look at other options? Let us know your views in comments below
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.76 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept