Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza waiting period extends to seven months
Maruti Suzuki's recently launched compact SUV, the Vitara Brezza, accumulates over 55,000 bookings since it entered the Indian market in March, 2016. According to the dealers in New Delhi, the lower variants won't get delivery before December 2016 or January 2017, while the top variants - ZDi (O) and ZDi Plus - have a waiting period of up to nine months.
It was being reported that over 50 per cent of the total bookings are for the top-end variants of the made-for-India compact SUV. Maruti Suzuki has been producing 8,500 units a month. In order to meet the high demand, the company plans to increase its production capacity for the Brezza and lower the roll out for its lower models - the Swift and the Swift Dzire - at its Gurgaon plant.
RC Bhargava, chairman, Maruti Suzuki India, expressed his concern about the matter by saying, "We had planned for around 100,000 units annually and are on track to reach that figure. For scaling up, vendors also have to deliver at such short notice. If there are about 200 suppliers and even one or two don't supply in time, production will be affected."
The Vitara Brezza was initially showcased at the 2016 Indian Auto Expo. It has a 1.3-litre diesel engine, which churns out 90PS power and 200Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. We have already tested it and felt that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is very capable and luxurious. There is minimal body roll. To know more about the car, you can read about our detailed road test story here. We have even pitched it against its closest competitors, the Mahindra TUV 300 and the Ford EcoSport. Read about the detailed comparison here.
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa