Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza waiting period extends to seven months
Maruti Suzuki's recently launched compact SUV, the Vitara Brezza, accumulates over 55,000 bookings since it entered the Indian market in March, 2016. According to the dealers in New Delhi, the lower variants won't get delivery before December 2016 or January 2017, while the top variants - ZDi (O) and ZDi Plus - have a waiting period of up to nine months.
It was being reported that over 50 per cent of the total bookings are for the top-end variants of the made-for-India compact SUV. Maruti Suzuki has been producing 8,500 units a month. In order to meet the high demand, the company plans to increase its production capacity for the Brezza and lower the roll out for its lower models - the Swift and the Swift Dzire - at its Gurgaon plant.
RC Bhargava, chairman, Maruti Suzuki India, expressed his concern about the matter by saying, "We had planned for around 100,000 units annually and are on track to reach that figure. For scaling up, vendors also have to deliver at such short notice. If there are about 200 suppliers and even one or two don't supply in time, production will be affected."
The Vitara Brezza was initially showcased at the 2016 Indian Auto Expo. It has a 1.3-litre diesel engine, which churns out 90PS power and 200Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. We have already tested it and felt that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is very capable and luxurious. There is minimal body roll. To know more about the car, you can read about our detailed road test story here. We have even pitched it against its closest competitors, the Mahindra TUV 300 and the Ford EcoSport. Read about the detailed comparison here.
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019