Maruti Suzuki Wagon R crosses 20 lakh sales milestone in India
Maruti Suzuki has announced that their tall boy hatchback, the Wagon R has so far 20 lakh new homes in India. The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R has been on sale in India since 2000 and is a consistent performer for the company. Every month, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R sells close to 8,000 units. The added boost from the taxi sales definitely is helping the Wagon R's numbers too. The first 10 lakh sales of the Maruti Wagon R happened in the year 2011. The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is being offered with petrol, CNG and LPG options. Maruti Suzuki also gives customers the option to choose between a 5-speed manual or an AMT. The Automated Manual Transmission though can't be specified with the alternate fuel options. Prices of the Maruti Wagon R start from Rs 4.11 lakh to Rs 5.33 lakh, ex-Delhi.
The top-spec Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXi+ trim brings in projector headlights, Bluetooth-enabled music system and dark upholstery
Maruti's Wagon R has undergone three generation changes in India since its launch. The Suzuki Wagon R was also available with a 3-speed automatic transmission back when it was first launched here. Over the years, Maruti introduced a new 1.0-litre K-series engine that is still being used in the Wagon R as well as other Maruti Suzuki hatchbacks. The 69PS engine too has been refined and tuned to deliver more efficiency over time. Maruti Suzuki recently discontinued the Wagon R Stingray and instead now have a top-spec VXi+ trim that brings in projector headlights, Bluetooth-enabled music system and dark upholstery. A few Wagon R customers we spoke to said that they appreciate the space on offer, compact design as well as the features (Maruti recently also made ABS and dual airbags optional right from the base trim). They also noted the fact that the Suzuki Wagon R is a great beginner's car as it offers ample all around view from the driver's seat.
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance