Maruti Suzuki Wagon R crosses 20 lakh sales milestone in India
Maruti Suzuki has announced that their tall boy hatchback, the Wagon R has so far 20 lakh new homes in India. The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R has been on sale in India since 2000 and is a consistent performer for the company. Every month, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R sells close to 8,000 units. The added boost from the taxi sales definitely is helping the Wagon R's numbers too. The first 10 lakh sales of the Maruti Wagon R happened in the year 2011. The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is being offered with petrol, CNG and LPG options. Maruti Suzuki also gives customers the option to choose between a 5-speed manual or an AMT. The Automated Manual Transmission though can't be specified with the alternate fuel options. Prices of the Maruti Wagon R start from Rs 4.11 lakh to Rs 5.33 lakh, ex-Delhi.
The top-spec Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXi+ trim brings in projector headlights, Bluetooth-enabled music system and dark upholstery
Maruti's Wagon R has undergone three generation changes in India since its launch. The Suzuki Wagon R was also available with a 3-speed automatic transmission back when it was first launched here. Over the years, Maruti introduced a new 1.0-litre K-series engine that is still being used in the Wagon R as well as other Maruti Suzuki hatchbacks. The 69PS engine too has been refined and tuned to deliver more efficiency over time. Maruti Suzuki recently discontinued the Wagon R Stingray and instead now have a top-spec VXi+ trim that brings in projector headlights, Bluetooth-enabled music system and dark upholstery. A few Wagon R customers we spoke to said that they appreciate the space on offer, compact design as well as the features (Maruti recently also made ABS and dual airbags optional right from the base trim). They also noted the fact that the Suzuki Wagon R is a great beginner's car as it offers ample all around view from the driver's seat.
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS