Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG launched in India at Rs 4.84 lakh, ex-showroom
Maruti Suzuki has launched a CNG variant of the new-gen WagonR, called the WagonR S-CNG at Rs 4.84 lakh, ex-Delhi. The more premium variant which is the Lxi (O) is priced at Rs 4.98 lakh. Both these variants will be offered with the 1-litre petrol engine mated to a factory fitted CNG unit. Maruti Suzuki claims that the WagonR S-CNG offers a best in class mileage of 33.54km/kg. The company presently offers CNG option in seven of its models, which include Alto 800, Alto K10, WagonR, Celerio, Dzire, Eeco and Super Carry. Maruti Suzuki maintains that WagonR is the highest selling CNG model in the company's CNG portfolio. The CNG vehicle sales constituted around 15 per cent of the total sales.
The 2019 Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG makes use of the same 1-litre petrol that is offered in the new-gen offering. However, this one makes 52PS at 5,500rpm and generates 78Nm at 3,500rpm which makes it de-tuned in comparison to the regular model. The manufacturer mentions that the CNG offered in the new WagonR comes with dual ECU and intelligent-Gas Port Injection technology that offers 26 per cent higher efficiency and better pickup compared to the previous unit. In terms of safety, the CNG unit comes with reinforced with anti-corrosion stainless steel components.
Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG will be available in states with CNG infrastructure including Delhi-NCR, Gujarat, Mumbai, Pune, parts of Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. The prices of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG make it Rs 9,000 more premium than the regular LX 1.0-litre and identical to the VXI 1.2-litre.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki WagonR First Drive Video
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block