Maruti Suzukis Backwater Rally finishes its first leg
The first leg of Maruti Suzuki India Limited MSIL Backwater Rally has ended with with Subir Roy dominating the leaderboard.
The rally started in the early hours of the day amidst the deep forests of Ooty. The final destination of the rally is Kochi, for which drivers will leave tomorrow (19th July).
Duo Subir Roy and Nirav Mehta came in first with a total penalty of 9min 45s followed by Jagmeet Gill and Chandan Sen with total penalty of 9min 59s.
Driver Satish Gopal Krishna and co driver Savira D'souza were third with a total penalty of 10min 56s.
The Backwater Rally is the third rally in the Maruti Suzuki National Super League Rally Championship which consists of six rallies organized by MSIL. The first two, namely, The Uttarakhand Rally and the Deccan Rally. The current leaders have been Karthick Maruthi and co driver S Sankar Anand who have proved their mettle in both the previous rallies with the perfect score total of 20. The Ooty rally is followed by the Mughal Rally in Srinagar (14th-17th July), the Rally of Gujarat (25th - 28th Nov) and will finally conclude with the Arunachal Pradesh (16th -19th Dec). The overall winner of the championship stands to win a brand new Grand Vitara Brezza.
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture