Maruti Vitara Brezza diesel claims a fuel efficiency of 24.3kmpl
While most of the details of the to-be-launched Maruti Vitara Brezza were revealed before the expo, at the expo and thereafter, there were two parts missing. One is the price (which will be announced on March 8, 2016) and the second is the claimed fuel efficiency number. A leaked brochure now reveals the second part of the story. The Maruti Vitara Brezza in its 90Ps/200Nm diesel avatar claims to deliver 24.3kmpl. While this isn't by far the most fuel efficient compact SUV we have in India (that honour goes to the Mahindra KUV100 diesel). The car was also spied a couple of days ago at the DND flyway in Delhi.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza is the most important launch from the manufacturer this year, apart from the Ignis. Like the way sales of the Celerio took off, it is expected that the Brezza will also be a blockbuster performer. Features-wise, it is head and tail above the competition with auto wipers and headlamps, cruise control, cooled glove box, electrically adjustable and powered ORVMs and much more.
Maruti Suzuki which was criticised widely in the last couple of years for lack of safety in its cars, has taken charge of the situation now. A single airbag is available right from the LDi trim with dual ones being offered as an option across the range and standard in the ZDi. So is the case with ABS and EBD.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Vitara Brezza
- NewsTraffic violation fines could shoot up drastically in India - almost five times or more
- NewsHonda motorcycles India expresses concern on electrification of two-wheelers in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's electric vehicles to be sold via Nexa outlets
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Hyundai i20 spotted testing under camouflage
- NewsHusqvarna EE 5 all-electric dirt bike launched internationally