Maruti Vitara Brezza diesel claims a fuel efficiency of 24.3kmpl
While most of the details of the to-be-launched Maruti Vitara Brezza were revealed before the expo, at the expo and thereafter, there were two parts missing. One is the price (which will be announced on March 8, 2016) and the second is the claimed fuel efficiency number. A leaked brochure now reveals the second part of the story. The Maruti Vitara Brezza in its 90Ps/200Nm diesel avatar claims to deliver 24.3kmpl. While this isn't by far the most fuel efficient compact SUV we have in India (that honour goes to the Mahindra KUV100 diesel). The car was also spied a couple of days ago at the DND flyway in Delhi.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza is the most important launch from the manufacturer this year, apart from the Ignis. Like the way sales of the Celerio took off, it is expected that the Brezza will also be a blockbuster performer. Features-wise, it is head and tail above the competition with auto wipers and headlamps, cruise control, cooled glove box, electrically adjustable and powered ORVMs and much more.
Maruti Suzuki which was criticised widely in the last couple of years for lack of safety in its cars, has taken charge of the situation now. A single airbag is available right from the LDi trim with dual ones being offered as an option across the range and standard in the ZDi. So is the case with ABS and EBD.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Vitara Brezza
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased