Maserati announces Ghibli GranLusso, will get autonomous driving technology
The Maserati Ghibli gets a new edition called the GranLusso. Maserati's refreshed baby-sedan will make its debut at the 2017 Chengdu auto show in China that starts from August 25 to September 3.
On the exterior, the Maserati Ghibli GranLusso receives minor changes. The slightly larger front grille now has chrome on the vertical slats as well as on the grille surround. The lower grille is narrower and sweeps a bit higher as it curves on the bumper ends. The headlamps now get a narrow LED accent strip and square shaped projectors. The headlamps and lower grille make seem the Ghibli GranLusso wear a sinister smile.
At the sides, the front fender gets a 'GranLusso' badge, towards the bottom edge, just behind the front wheels. The rear bumper has also been slightly reshaped. Maserati claims the changes to the exterior have made the car more aerodynamically efficient too but haven't revealed any drag coefficient numbers.
However, the key addition is the adoption of Advance Driving Assistance System (ADAS) functionalities which bring autonomous driving to the Ghibli GranLusso. The specifics of the system haven't been disclosed yet though.
The Ghibli is powered by a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel and a 3.0-litre twin turbo-petrol engine. The petrol has two state of tunes, producing 354PS and 416PS. The diesel produces 253PS and 279PS. The higher tuned petrol engine is expected to make its way to the GranLusso, however, Maserati will reveal the details at the Chengdu auto show. Is it coming to India? We hope so.
Starts Rs 1.34 Crore
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Could EICMA and INTERMOT be compromised by the global pandemic?
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Tesla Model 3 and Model S parts being used to make ventilators
- NewsMazda celebrates centenary with special editions across models inspired by the R360
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055