Maserati announces Ghibli GranLusso, will get autonomous driving technology
The Maserati Ghibli gets a new edition called the GranLusso. Maserati's refreshed baby-sedan will make its debut at the 2017 Chengdu auto show in China that starts from August 25 to September 3.
On the exterior, the Maserati Ghibli GranLusso receives minor changes. The slightly larger front grille now has chrome on the vertical slats as well as on the grille surround. The lower grille is narrower and sweeps a bit higher as it curves on the bumper ends. The headlamps now get a narrow LED accent strip and square shaped projectors. The headlamps and lower grille make seem the Ghibli GranLusso wear a sinister smile.
At the sides, the front fender gets a 'GranLusso' badge, towards the bottom edge, just behind the front wheels. The rear bumper has also been slightly reshaped. Maserati claims the changes to the exterior have made the car more aerodynamically efficient too but haven't revealed any drag coefficient numbers.
However, the key addition is the adoption of Advance Driving Assistance System (ADAS) functionalities which bring autonomous driving to the Ghibli GranLusso. The specifics of the system haven't been disclosed yet though.
The Ghibli is powered by a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel and a 3.0-litre twin turbo-petrol engine. The petrol has two state of tunes, producing 354PS and 416PS. The diesel produces 253PS and 279PS. The higher tuned petrol engine is expected to make its way to the GranLusso, however, Maserati will reveal the details at the Chengdu auto show. Is it coming to India? We hope so.
Starts Rs 1.39 Crore
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review