Maserati launches updated Quattroporte
Maserati has launched a restyled version of its much celebrated Quattroporte. The new Italian flashes bumpers with matte black profile in the front and matte black extractor at the rear. The nose is more pointed along with new chrome element inserts. It also has matte black side skirts and restyled exterior mirrors.
The aerodynamic drag on the car has been reduced by an impressive 10 per cent, courtesy the new bumpers and an electrically adjustable air shutter in the front grille between the air vents and the radiator. It also helps control the engine's fluid temperature.
In terms of interiors, the car features a redesigned central console along with a 8.4-inch high-resolution capacitive screen with multi-touch function. The central lower console has also been redesigned and features a rotary control for volume and function, a new lid and phone storage compartment.
The new infotainment system is compatible with both the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
To accentuate the luxury on offer, Quattroporte comes with an air quality sensor which calculates the external pollution levels and prevents polluted air from entering the cabin. Also, there is a new optional package of advanced driver assistance. It includes adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go, lane departure warning, forward collision warning with advanced brake assist and automated emergency braking. An additional new surround view camera is available as an option in combination with the driver assistance package.
The engines on offer are a 3.8-litre V8 twin turbo petrol, 3.0-litre V6 twin turbo petrol and a 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel - all mated to an 8-speed ZF automatic transmission.
The traditional GranLusso and GranSport trims will be up for grabs with the former focusing more on luxury and the later more on performance. GranLusso gets 20-inch Mercurio rims and black brake calipers with use of some exclusive high-end materials in the interiors. GranSport gets 21-inch Titano rims, red brake calipers and sporty interiors, comprising of new sporty seats, sporty steering wheel fitted with aluminium gearshift paddles and stainless steel sport pedals.
Starts Rs 1.5 Crore
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000