Maserati Levante diesel to be launched India in January 2017
Maserati has confirmed that they will be bringing down the Levante SUV to India in diesel guise by January 2017. The petrol variants will follow at a later date. The car which made its global premier at the 2016 Geneva Auto Show is also the company's first SUV. Other countries in Asia though will get the Levante SUV ahead of us- Maserati plans a June 2016 launch. Europe gets the car by May 2016.
Built on the Ghibli platform, the Levante combines dynamic design language as seen on its sedans with an aggressive SUV stance. The Maserati Levante is powered by a 3-litre V6 twin turbo petrol engine. There are two states of tunes 430PS and 350PS. The 275PS, 3-litre diesel as well as the petrols will be mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission and will come with Maserati's Q4 all-wheel drive system.
Based on a steel and aluminum chassis, Maserati claims that the Levante combines the on-road dynamics of a sedan with the performance of an off-roader. Maserati will offer electronic suspension with controlled damping and air springs as standard, which will offer five ride height levels. Maserati has been producing the new SUV at its Mirafori plant in Turin.
The Levante is currently priced 75,900 CHF (approximately Rs 51.60 lakh) in Switzerland. The upcoming Maserati SUV will compete against the likes of the Range Rover or perhaps a segment higher.
For more news on launches and unveils at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, click here.
Starts Rs 1.45 Crore
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review