Maserati to revamp its Modena plant for Alfieri?
Maserati announced that their Modena plant, which makes the GranTurismo and the GranCabrio will be revamped to prepare for a new model. There are no hints from the manufacturer on when the next generation GranTurismo and the GranCabrio will debut. This makes us think that the high performance sports car, to be made here, could be the Maserati Alfieri. This F-Type competitor could break cover in 2020. However, the plans to upgrade the current production line will begin by the end of 2019.
The Alfieri was showcased at the 2014 Geneva Auto Show, the concept car had a 4.7L V8 engine, borrowed from the GranTurismo and was tuned to produce 466PS, but that was five years ago. It was announced that the upcoming sports car will be built on an aluminium space frame and will be offered with a V6 engine in three different states of tune - 415PS, 456PS, and 527PS, powertrain sourced from Ferrari. Although, a statement from the manufacturer states that the new sports car will be offered with a plug-in hybrid system.
Maserati Modena Plant
At the office in Via Ciro Menotti, Modena, Harald J. Wester, CEO of Maserati S.p.A., met with Palma Costi, Emilia-Romagna Regional Government Councillor for Productive Activities, and the Mayor of Modena, Gian Carlo Muzzarelli. The meetings re-affirmed the strategic mission of the plant, as already highlighted in FCA's Industrial Plan presented in 2018 and currently under revision. The CEO has thus confirmed the key role of the Via Ciro Menotti plant in Maserati's 2018 - 2022 industrial planning. Harald J. Wester has assured continuing production and the plan which foresees the renewal and upgrading of the production lines in preparation for the arrival of new models.
Maserati Modena Plant
Starts Rs 1.34 Crore
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip