Massive Brembo Brake recall for Aprilia RSV4 and Tuono V4, may also affect KTM, Ducati and other brands
Brembo has issued a massive recall for one of its popular master cylinder units. The recall which currently affects the PR16 radial master cylinder units on the 2016-17 Aprilia RSV4 and 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 models may potentially affect bikes from other major brands in coming days. While Brembo has not announced the recall for other motorcycle brands, the issue could affect brands including Ducati, KTM and others which use the same unit paired with Brembo M50 calipers. According to reports, the Brembo PR16 unit features a polyphenylene sulphide (plastic) piston which may crack and lead to brake failure.
Brembo is offering a free replacement of an aluminium unit to the affected models to remedy the issue. The recall will begin from January 15,2018, and the details of the same for India have not been revealed yet. Please do continue to follow us to keep updated on the details of the recall.
Starts Rs 20,99,000
Starts Rs 19,72,000
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP