Mazda celebrates centenary with special editions across models inspired by the R360
In 1920, Toyo Cork Kogyo Co. was established in Hiroshima which transformed itself over the years to form what we know as Mazda today. Thus, celebrating its 100th anniversary, Mazda has introduced centenary special editions of its range of cars with a Snow Flake Pearl white paint and burgundy on the inside, just like the R360, Mazda's first real production car back in 1960.
The Centenary editions were supposed to be unveiled at Geneva that got cancelled due to the COVID pandemic and were revealed online. The special editions will be sold in all markets where Mazda has their presence and the models which include Mazda2, Mazda3, Mazda6, MX-5, MX-5 RF, CX-3, CX-30, MX-30, and the CX-5.
The cherry on the cake is the MX-5 that is also known as the Miata. Known for its perfect proportions and puny engine, the Miata is the perfect convertible for a budget dream and is certainly no slouch. The soft top of the convertible gets the burgundy fabric depicting the burgundy top of the 1960 R360 coupe. The anniversary editions get specialized wheel centres, badges and a special key-fob with the custom centenary emblems.
Mazda's India connection started with Swaraj Mazda in the commercial vehicle space and has now evolved into SML Isuzu. India has its share of Miata's and the revolutionary rotary-engined RX sportscars which are now highly sought after as collector and enthusiast cars.
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled