McLaren MP4-12C gets power upgrade
The much-spoken about power increments to the McLaren MP4-12C are now official. The 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 engine now makes 616PS, 25PS more than it used to make earlier. McLaren says that the power upgrade is possible due to a simple remap. Changes have also been made to the 7-speed dual-clutch transmission so that it gives improved throttle response. Existing owners will be offered free upgrades.
McLaren has also addressed the issue of the temperamental swipe-to-enter door handles by not offering the touch sensor system and in place offering a small button. With the 2013 specification 12C, the driver will be able to select the level of engine noise delivered in each mode through an electronic menu accessible via the instrument cluster. The automatic climate control system gets a new setting for better efficiency while the head lamps and wipers have gone the automatic way with revised settings in the name of simplicity. Customers (new or existing) will be able to choose between a new interior trim and Volcano Yellow colour paint. Vehicle Lift will be available as an option on 2013 model year vehicles. The system allows the 12C to be raised front (40mm) and rear (25mm) for improved ground clearance, thus enabling it to go smoothly over speed breakers.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block