McLaren Racing appoints Jost Capito as CEO
McLaren Racing has appointed Jost Capito as their chief executive officer. Prior to this new appointment, he held the position of director of motorsport at Volkswagen Motorsport. Under his leadership, VW's rally team had won the World Rally Championship title three consecutive times.
The 57-year old German has also held senior positions at BMW, Porsche, Ford and the Sauber F1 team. He is also an accomplished endurance motorcycle and motocross racer and has won a variety of different titles in the two disciplines. He has even participated in the tough and gruelling Paris-Dakar Rally and won the truck category in 1985.
Jost Capito will replace McLaren's Jonathan Neale, who has now been appointed chief operating officer at McLaren Technology Group. Neale has been acting as the team's CEO since 2014 when Martin Whitmarsh was sacked by Ron Dennis.
Speaking on the announcement, McLaren boss Ron Dennis said, "Jonathan has done an excellent job as acting CEO of McLaren Racing and that experience, together with the expertise he has attained in non-motorsport industry positions previously, makes him ideally suited to such an important new role at McLaren Technology Group. I first approached Jost last summer. He is an extremely impressive, competitive and ambitious individual, who comes to us with a very wide range of automotive and motorsport experience."
"From a motorsport perspective he has experience in not only the World Rally Championship but also sports cars, touring cars, motorcycle racing and Formula 1, about which he is hugely knowledgeable and infectiously passionate. I am certain that he will work extremely well with Eric and all at McLaren Racing, building on the very good work they have already done to take the McLaren-Honda programme forward towards grand prix victories and world championship successes," he further added.
- News2018 Aston Martin Vantage to be launched in India today
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories