McLaren Senna is an 800PS savage named after F1 legend Ayrton Senna
McLaren has taken the wraps off the McLaren P15 hypercar earlier than expected and even landed a surprise naming it the McLaren Senna. You know when a company with the racing history of McLaren names a car after Brazilian F1 legend and personal hero Ayrton Senna, it has to be worth its weight in carbon fibre. McLaren has gone so far as to call the McLaren Senna a savage. With 800PS / 800Nm, and a low weight of 1,198kg, we would agree with that description. McLaren says the Senna is their most extreme road-legal car yet. The McLaren Senna comes powered by a 4-litre twin-turbo V8, mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox, and costs a whopping $ 1 million (Rs 6.45 crore approx). The hypercar stands out with its orange paint and blue highlights, a throwback to the McLaren racing livery from the 1960s. Senna's F1 racecars from the 80s and 90s, however, had been red and white. Only 500 units of the McLaren Senna will be on sale, and the last unit being auctioned for the Ayrton Senna Institute charity.
If only McLaren Senna could help its driver relive even a sliver of the magic from the good ol' days when Ayrton Senna's McLaren-Honda MP4-series F1 racecars did the samba on wet tracks across the world and took him to three championships. Sigh. McLaren certainly seems to think so.
The company says the Senna is designed to "to deliver the most intense circuit experience of any road McLaren." Now, if like us, you too want to have a go, there's some bad news. All the 500 units of the car have already been allocated, with the last unit being auctioned to benefit the Ayrton Senna Institute charity. In fact, the winning bidder will also get an Ayrton Senna replica helmet with signatures from Viviane and Bruno Senna.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- News2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar leads Elite Club division with podium finish in Italy
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- FeaturesAdvertorial: Balajee Bobba - Adventurer with an Eye on Safety #WhatDrivesYou
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore