McLaren Senna is an 800PS savage named after F1 legend Ayrton Senna
McLaren has taken the wraps off the McLaren P15 hypercar earlier than expected and even landed a surprise naming it the McLaren Senna. You know when a company with the racing history of McLaren names a car after Brazilian F1 legend and personal hero Ayrton Senna, it has to be worth its weight in carbon fibre. McLaren has gone so far as to call the McLaren Senna a savage. With 800PS / 800Nm, and a low weight of 1,198kg, we would agree with that description. McLaren says the Senna is their most extreme road-legal car yet. The McLaren Senna comes powered by a 4-litre twin-turbo V8, mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox, and costs a whopping $ 1 million (Rs 6.45 crore approx). The hypercar stands out with its orange paint and blue highlights, a throwback to the McLaren racing livery from the 1960s. Senna's F1 racecars from the 80s and 90s, however, had been red and white. Only 500 units of the McLaren Senna will be on sale, and the last unit being auctioned for the Ayrton Senna Institute charity.
If only McLaren Senna could help its driver relive even a sliver of the magic from the good ol' days when Ayrton Senna's McLaren-Honda MP4-series F1 racecars did the samba on wet tracks across the world and took him to three championships. Sigh. McLaren certainly seems to think so.
The company says the Senna is designed to "to deliver the most intense circuit experience of any road McLaren." Now, if like us, you too want to have a go, there's some bad news. All the 500 units of the car have already been allocated, with the last unit being auctioned to benefit the Ayrton Senna Institute charity. In fact, the winning bidder will also get an Ayrton Senna replica helmet with signatures from Viviane and Bruno Senna.
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip