McLaren teases 650S before Geneva 2014 unveil
After making auto enthusiasts around the world weak-kneed by showcasing their technologically ground breaking supercar the P1, McLaren are all set to remove the cover on the much rumoured and talked about new sports car at the next month's Geneva Motor Show. They are calling it the 650S, and have shown just a single teaser image to the public as of now; no other details are out yet.
McLaren 650s teaser
Surrounding various speculations, McLaren have said that this new model will be spaced between the 12C and P1 supercars. As per the announcement, "this car is designed and developed to offer the enthusiastic driver the ultimate in luxury, engagement and excitement, as well as dramatic yet beautiful styling".
McLaren Global Communications director, Wayne Bruce as said that this is not the much rumoured P13 and it doesn't replace the 12C.
Among many rumours floating in the industry, it is being speculated that the new sports car can either be a more powerful version of the 12C (with power boosted to 650PS), or a dedicated model between the 12C and the P1 codenamed P15.
More details will be released in the run-up to the car's global reveal, which will take place at McLaren's stand on March 4, 2014 (11.00GMT), at Geneva.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani