Menza Lucat electric motorcycle bookings start in India
Electric mobility is the buzzword in the country as the target to electrify the conventional vehicles has been set to 2030. Among the many new automobile manufacturers working on all all-electric offerings is the Ahmedabad based start-up Menza Motors. The company had showcased the Lucat electric motorcycle at the 2018 Auto Expo. Priced at Rs 2.79 lakh, the company has opened bookings for a token amount of Rs 10,000. Interested customers can book online on PayTM mall and also on the company's mobile app.
Menza Motors has also introduced a battery lease programme for Ra 4,000. The battery lease program will be introduced in Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Goa, Pune, Lucknow, Bhopal, Amritsar, Nagpur, Chandigarh and Nainital where the Menza Lucat will be go on sale first. The company stated that the deliveries of the Lucat will start by the last quarter of 2018.
Powering the Menza Lucat is a 18kW electric motor that puts out 24PS and generates 60BNm. The motor runs on 72V Li-On batteries that is equipped with a smart battery management system. Menza motor claims that the batteries can be charged in just four hours. In addition, the company also has a provision for quick charging that will completely charge the batteries in 90 minutes flat. The Menza Lucat has a riding range of 100km in the city traffic that can be further increased to 150km on highways.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsRenault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and Google announce technological partnership
- NewsLimited edition Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 showcased
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 teased further in new video
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app