Mercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
After the recent unveiling of the EQC EV SUV and the new GLE SUV, the Mercedes-Benz product onslaught continues with the upcoming Mercedes-AMG A35. This hot hatchback will make its debut at next month's Paris Motor Show but these teaser shots put out by Mercedes-AMG give us a fair idea of what the car will look.
Most distinctive is the new bright yellow colour scheme. This shade has never really been associated with AMG cars before this and highlight's the A35's more youthful appeal. Other noticeable exterior features which set this car apart from the regular A-Class are the diamond=pattern grille, the aggressive bumpers and the prominent rear wing.
There aren't any shots of the interior available but one can expect AMG-specific seats, steering wheel and trim like the illuminated door-sills seen here. Other than the high-quality cabin from the A-Class with its trick AI-enabled MBUX infotainment will be available here as well
The A35 will be the halfway AMG model in the A-Class line-up in the same vein as the C43 is for the C-Class. Power should come from a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol with output around the 300PS mark. All-wheel drive will also most likely be available. The more powerful A45 cars which debut later should make around 400PS
The A35 will be Mercedes-AMG's contender in the very popular hot hatchback. There have never been as many and as competent hot hatchbacks as in the last few years and the A35 will have its work cut out in making a mark for itself against rivals which cover everything from the Hyundai i30 N up to the Audi S3.
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019