Mercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Coupe to be launched in India on Dec 14
Earlier this year, Mercedes-AMG revealed the C 43 4Matic Coupe at the Geneva Motor Show. While we at India have still not received the regular C-Class coupe, Mercedes-AMG will bring in its souped-up version in the form of the C 43 4Matic Coupe in India on December 14.
Visually, the C 43 AMG Coupe features AMG-specific detailing like sportier air-intakes, black exterior mirror housings and quad-exhaust pipes to make it look distinct compared to the regular coupe. In addition, it gets black exterior mirror housings and silver-painted brake calipers with AMG lettering as standard. The cabin of the C 43 AMG comes equipped with Artico leather upholstery with contrast red stitching. Internationally, the C 43 AMG can opted in sedan and estate versions. We believe at the time of its launch in India, it will come only in the coupe version.
Strapped under the hood of the Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe is a 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 that puts out 367PS of power in 5,500-6,000rpm and generates an impressive 520Nm from as low as 2,000rpm to all the way to 4,200rpm. Sending power to all four wheels is Mercedes' 9-speed automatic transmission. With all that performance figures, Mercedes-AMG claims that the C 43 Coupe can do 0 to 100kmph in just 4.7 seconds and can reach a top whack of 250kmph, electronically limited.
The 4Matic system in the C 43 Coupe is a rear-biased torque split of 31:69 per cent. In addition to the sport modes taking charge of performance, the AMG Ride Control suspension automatically adjust the damping according to the driving mode. This system has been carried over from the Mercedes-AMG C 63.
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 will sit over the regular version of the C-Class sedan and will compete against the Audi S5. We expect Mercedes-AMG to price the C 43 Coupe close to Rs 1 crore.
Starts Rs 77.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani