Mercedes-AMG E63S 4Matic+ super saloon to launch in India on May 4
Mercedes-Benz will launch the flagship of the E-Class range, the Mercedes-AMG E 63S 4Matic+, on May 4 in India. The super saloon is the most powerful E-Class ever made, being powered by AMG's 4.0 litre twin-turbo V8. The top-spec S variant, the only one that will be made available in the country, puts out 612PS and 850Nm.
The engine uses twin-scroll technology and a 'hot-vee' arrangement to quicken reaction times and eliminate lag. A cylinder deactivation function is also available to improve efficiency. The engine is mated to a 9-speed automatic and four-wheel drive is a standard fitment. The E63 AMG gets from o to 100 kmph in 3.4s and goes on to a top speed of 250 kmph. This can be increased to 300 kmph with the optional AMG driver's pack.
The car has adjustable drive modes and most notably comes with a Drift Mode. This is usable when the car is in Race mode-power is sent only to the rear wheels and all driver aids are switched off. A launch control feature also allows for quicker acceleration from standstill.
The exterior styling of the E 63S AMG is discreet. This car sits on the regular wheelbase platform unlike the standard LWB E-Class sold in India and is distinguishable by the wider front air intakes, a new single slat grille, beefier wheel arches accommodating uprated wheels (20-inch) and tires. Other changes are a lowered ride height and quad exhausts at the rear.
The interior of the cars also differs from the standard car with the wood and leather trim of the standard car being replaced by an all-black space trimmed in carbon fibre and Alcantara. This version also comes with a more complex infotainment system.
The Mercedes-AMG E 63S 4Matic+ competes directly with the BMW M5. While no prices have been announced, the AMG can be expected to be priced similarly to its rival - around the Rs 1.3 crore (ex-showroom) mark.
The E-Class AMG will be ideal for anyone looking for a car with a large breadth of ability. Mercedes will be hoping this car appeal to an enthusiast who needs a quick, rewarding car but which can also function as a comfortable daily driver for everyday needs.
Starts Rs 1.44 Crore
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India