Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4Matic+ and GLC 63 4Matic+ Coupe unveiled
The latest products in the Mercedes-AMG line-up are the GLC 63 4Matic+ and GLC 63 4Matic+ Coupe. They're both based on their standard GLC and GLC Coupe siblings, but are powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine. The Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4Matic+ produces 476PS of power and 650Nm of torque while the Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4Matic+ Coupe produces 510PS and 700Nm. Both cars get Mercedes' 9-speed multi-clutch transmission and feature an all-wheel-drive system, fully variable torque distribution and a limited-slip rear differential. Top speed is restricted to 250kmph, but Mercedes hasn't given out any acceleration times as yet. But considering that its main rival, the Porsche Macan Turbo, does the 0-100kmph sprint in 4.4s, it's safe to assume that to be a ballpark figure at least.
The V8 engine is the same unit used in the Mercedes-AMG GT with dry sump lubrication. It features a hot V configuration which means the two turbochargers are placed within the V shape of the engine. This helps optimise performance and reduce emissions as well as makes for a smaller overall package. The Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4Matic+ and GLC 63 4Matic+ Coupe get four drive modes Comfort, Sport, Sport Plus and Individual. The GLC 63 4Matic+ S gets the additional Race mode too. Depending on the mode selected, the system alters engine and transmission response, the air suspension and steering set-up, and the ESP and all-wheel drive settings.
In terms of design, the Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4Matic+ and GLC 63 4Matic+ Coupe can be easily distinguished from their standard siblings, if you know what to look out for. Up front, the first thing that catches your eye is the vertically slatted Panamericana grille similar to the one on the Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster. The bumper is new too with a sportier look and larger air dams. At the side, the flares of the wheel arches are accentuated by black plastic cladding, while the matte black 21-inch alloys only add more character to the car. At the rear, the Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4Matic+ and GLC 63 4Matic+ Coupe get new bumper and quintessential AMG quad-exhaust tips.
Starts Rs 2.16 Crore
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh