Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S breaks Nurburgring lap record for SUVs
The Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S is now the quickest SUV around the Nurburgring. It went around the 20.8 km and 73 turn loop in 7m 49.4s. This is two seconds quicker than the previous record holder, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, which set a time of 7m 51.7s in September 2017. The AMG was being driven by Mercedes-AMG development engineer Markus Hofbauer.
The GLC 63 S is powered by a 4.0 litre twin turbo V8 putting out 510PS and 700 Nm. This gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.8s and up to 280 km/h (with the optional AMG Driver's Package). The Stelvio Quadrifoglio is also a similarly sized five-seater SUV derived from the Giulia sedan. It is powered by a Ferrari developed 2.9 litre twin turbo V6 which makes 505PS and 600 Nm, but is about 45 kgs lighter.
The Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S is not listed for sale in India but its less powerful GLC 43 cousin can be bought in the country.
See the record-setting lap below:
- FeaturesFIVA General Council Meeting in India
- FeaturesFIVA President in Conversation with Bob Rupani
- NewsMaruti Suzuki to discontinue diesel models from 2020 - will offer an EV for Rs 9 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip