Mercedes-AMG GT R to debut at the Goodwood FoS
Mercedes launched the AMG GT S in India not so long ago, and there is a news that a new AMG GT will be unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. The Festival of Speed takes place this year from June 23 to June 26.
This new avatar of the AMG GT will get a fettled 4.0-litre turbo V8 petrol to get a power boost of 67PS over the AMG GT S to an overall figure of 570PS though Mercedes hasn't confirmed the numbers yet. A revised inlet manifold, revised gear ratios and a free-flowing titanium exhaust will help achieve the performance upgrade.
On the exterior, a new Panamericana front grille (inspired from the Mercedes-Benz 1952 SL Panamerican race car) and a carbon-fibre rear wing will distinguish it from the already available AMG GT and AMG GT S versions.
Spy shots of a heavily disguised GT R have been spotted testing at the Arctic Circle and the Nurburgring.
Image source: Autoblog
Starts Rs 2.27 Crore
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa