Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster launched in India at Rs 2.19 crore
Our editor Bertrand D'souza returned impressed from the States earlier this year after he spent some time behind the wheel of the Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster. It won't be hard to see why. The GT roadster takes an already handsome-looking car, gives it the appeal of a drop-top and now comes at tempting price tag of Rs 2.19 crore. The GT roadster was launched alongside the GT R in India.
Like the rest of GT line-up, the roadster uses AMG's favourite new 4.0l V8 biturbo motor, but gets a humble 476PS/630Nm tune (the GT S and GT R get 510PS/650Nm and 585PS/700Nm tunes respectively) and manages to sprint from naught to 100kmph in a quick 4.0s. Top speed is claimed at 302kmph! The engine is mated to AMG's SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed automatic transmission. But unlike its counterpart in the GT S, this one loses out on the 'Race' mode, which otherwise provides quicker shift times for use on the track. The GT also gets a mechanically locking diff (the GT R gets an electronically locking differential) and lower-spec road tyres. The GT roadster can be specced with performance exhaust system if the standard system sounds too humble to you for a German V8.
The visual appeal of the GT roadster lies in its fabric top, and it can be specced in three colour options - red, beige and black. The AMG GT roadster will drop its hat in 11 seconds at speeds of up to 50kmph. The front bumper looks marginally different from the GT S coupe and gets active aerodynamic flaps in the air dams. As per the vehicle's need, they can either aid aerodynamic efficiency or improve cooling performance. The cabin, largely similar to the GT S, gets a newer version of the Comand infotainment system. The GT roadster gets Nappa leather upholstery, and the front seats can be replaced with AMG performance seats as an option.
Starts Rs 2.27 Crore
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP