Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster added to the drop-top range
Mercedes-AMG has been constantly expanding the GT range ever since it debuted a couple of years back. The latest addition comes in the form of the GT S Roadster which joins the beautiful GT's convertible line up.
As you would expect, the Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster is powered by the same 4.0-litre V8 bi-turbo petrol engine that does duty in the rest of the Mercedes-AMG GTs. In the GT S Roadster, the V8 puts out 522PS of power and 670Nm of torque - which slots it between the Standard GT's 476PS and the GT C's 557PS tunes. To put things into perspective further, the GT S manages a 0-100kmph sprint in 3.8s and a top speed of 308kmph, versus the GT C's 3.7 0-100kmph time and a top whack of 316kmph. On the other hand, the standard GT Roadster sold to us accelerates from 0-100kmph in 4.0s and has a top speed of 302kmph.
Like the rest of the Mercedes-AMG GT lineup, the GT S Roadster uses a seven-speed AMG sport transmission and has five driving modes to choose from. Choosing the AMG Dynamic Plus package throws in active engine and transmission mounts, sportier garnish inside the cabin and a wider power band in the Manual or Race modes.
The GT S Roadster receives adaptive dampers, an electronically lockable differential, sports seats and the Mercedes-Benz Airscarf neck heater as a standard fit. Plenty of chrome garnish on the cabin trim and on the exterior (grille, fins and diffuser) helps differentiate the GT S Roadster from the rest of the lineup. These chrome bits can be swapped with gloss black and/or carbon fibre as an optional extra.
Mercedes-Benz India only sells the standard GT Roadster from the AMG GT's convertible range and there is no official word if the GT S Roadster will be brought to our shores.
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review