Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan is all set to make its debut at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show (Auto China 2018) later this week. But before that, an image of the new A-Class sedan has already been leaked, giving us a glimpse at the what the new car will look like. The A-Class sedan is primarily targeted towards the Chinese market and isn't confirmed for India as yet. But as luxury car makers show increased interest in the lower end of the luxury market, the A-Class sedan could do well in India as a more spacious and practical alternative to the CLA-Class. Mercedes will also reveal the Maybach version of the GLS SUV in Beijing.
The latest-gen Mercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback debuted at the Geneva Motor Show some time ago and this new car will be one of eight small cars that will be based on the same MFA2 underpinnings. It should be noted that this car is different from the CLA-Class and features a more traditional three-box layout. The CLA will be replaced by a new coupe-sedan later on. The design up to the B-pillars will be very close to that of the A-Class hatchback.
The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class made its global debut in February 2018
Engine options will likely include 1.4-litre, 1.5-litre, and 2.0-liter four-cylinder motors. The 2.0 litre motor, most likely what the car will be equipped if launched in India, produces 224PS and is paired with a 7-speed twin clutch gearbox. Both A35 and A45 AMG models will follow with up to 400PS.
A-Class interior for reference
The interiors should be heavily derived from the A-Class hatchback and top-trims will feature the twin 7-inch screen layout for the infotainment. As in the hatchback, the cabin will be littered with aluminium accents and high-quality materials.
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Suzuki Motor Gujarat resumes operations
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Government extends validity of vehicle documents till July 31
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Three Hyundai employees test positive for COVID-19
- NewsObituary: Gaurav Jani, solo motorcycling documentary filmmaker, is no more
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!