Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan is all set to make its debut at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show (Auto China 2018) later this week. But before that, an image of the new A-Class sedan has already been leaked, giving us a glimpse at the what the new car will look like. The A-Class sedan is primarily targeted towards the Chinese market and isn't confirmed for India as yet. But as luxury car makers show increased interest in the lower end of the luxury market, the A-Class sedan could do well in India as a more spacious and practical alternative to the CLA-Class. Mercedes will also reveal the Maybach version of the GLS SUV in Beijing.
The latest-gen Mercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback debuted at the Geneva Motor Show some time ago and this new car will be one of eight small cars that will be based on the same MFA2 underpinnings. It should be noted that this car is different from the CLA-Class and features a more traditional three-box layout. The CLA will be replaced by a new coupe-sedan later on. The design up to the B-pillars will be very close to that of the A-Class hatchback.
The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class made its global debut in February 2018
Engine options will likely include 1.4-litre, 1.5-litre, and 2.0-liter four-cylinder motors. The 2.0 litre motor, most likely what the car will be equipped if launched in India, produces 224PS and is paired with a 7-speed twin clutch gearbox. Both A35 and A45 AMG models will follow with up to 400PS.
A-Class interior for reference
The interiors should be heavily derived from the A-Class hatchback and top-trims will feature the twin 7-inch screen layout for the infotainment. As in the hatchback, the cabin will be littered with aluminium accents and high-quality materials.
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review