Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan teased as the most aerodynamic production car
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan has just set a record for being the most aerodynamic production car in the world. Mercedes-Benz has teased the upcoming sedan on social media, stating that the A-Class has a Coefficient drag (Cd) value of 0.2, and drag of less than 0.49m2. Incidentally, the A-Class Sedan inherits the title from the Mercedes-Benz CLA Coupe, keeping the record in the family. The new A-Class Sedan has made its debut at the Beijing Motor Show earlier this year in an longer wheelbase L version, specifically for the Chinese market.
A major advantage for users will be that with lower drag comes better fuel efficiency. Mercedes-Benz optimised the aerodynamics on the A-Class with multiple computation loops, as well as simulations in their wind tunnel in Sindelfingen. The biggest change comes from a small frontal area, which measures 2.19m2. Other aspects including full panel for the underbody, as well as extensive sealing of areas such as the headlamp surrounds, have also played a role.
Mercedes-Benz further tuned the front and rear wheel spoilers to route the air around the wheels at the best possible efficiency. To aid the routing of air, the company also includes a two-part shutter system behind the front diamond grille. The A-Class Sedan has not been confirmed for India yet. The A-Class hatchback had made its debut at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show.
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review