Mercedes-Benz B-Class facelift launched in India at Rs 27.95 lakh
Mercedes-Benz has launched the facelifted B-Class in India at Rs 27.95 lakh (ex-Mumbai) for the 180 Sport variant and Rs 28.95 lakh (ex-Mumbai) for the B 200 CDI Sport. Meanwhile, the new A-Class will also be hitting showrooms. The A 200CDI Sport is priced at Rs 26.95 lakh while the petrol variant (180 Sport) is priced at Rs 25.95 lakh (all prices ex-Mumbai).
The front and rear bumpers of the B-Class are new and so is the C-Classesque face and LED headlamps. The side profile remains the same though the car has grown in length by 35mm. The 16-inch alloy wheels are new as well. At the rear, the lamps are LED and there is a chrome outline on the bumper which hides the tail pipe.
It's not just the face which has changed but also the interiors. Depending on the exterior colour chosen, the interior trim could either be beige or black. The steering wheel has been borrowed from the C. The screen between the meters is also new. Mercedes has added a hi-res tablet for the COMAND system. The front passenger gets an electric lumbar support while the driver gets electrical adjustment for lumbar support as well as the seat. Navigation system is also available.
Mercedes has also upgraded the B-Class' diesel engine to make 135PS/300Nm. The petrol though is the same 1.6-litre engine with 200Nm of torque. Both the engines come mated to a 7-speed DCT transmission. Fuel efficiency has also gone up in the diesel variant.
As for the A-Class diesel, it gets the same updated 135PS diesel engine from the new B.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Mercedes B-Class
Starts Rs 31.99 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November