Mercedes-Benz C-Class Grand Edition launched in India at Rs 36.81 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India Limited has rolled out its 50,000th car from the Pune plant and has marked the event with the launch of the C-Class Grand Edition. The C-Class Grand Edition is available in both petrol and diesel variants and is priced at Rs 36.81 lakh and Rs 39.16 lakh, ex-Pune respectively.
Mercedes started their Indian operations in 1994 and for quite some time shared the 100 acres Pune plant with Tata Motors. In 2012 though, the company opened a new paint shop. MBIL assembles the C-Class, E-Class, ML and GL-Class here. The company also announced they will start S-Class assemblies soon.
Mercedes has given the Grand Edition an integrated navigation system, Bi-Xenon headlamps and AMG body kit. A tinted panoramic sunroof with one-touch function also outlines the Grand Edition. As far as safety features are concerned, there is ASR, ESP, BAS, Attention Assist, Agility Control and six airbags.
Powering the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Grand Edition are a 170PS/400Nm 2143cc 4-cylinder diesel and 186PS/285Nm petrol engines. Both the engines are fitted with Eco Start stop and are mated to a 7G-tronic autobox.
Mercedes has globally just unveiled the all-new C-Class. While no right-hand drive cars have been showcased at the moment, we expect Mercedes to announce plans of the new C-Class at the expo. The car could come to India only next year though.
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?