Mercedes-Benz E220 d LWB to launch in India on June 2, 2017
The new gen Mercedes-Benz E-Class is an important model for the country for multiple reasons. Firstly, it is the most successful model for the German car manufacturer in India. Secondly, the new-gen E-Class is the only RHD long wheelbase sedan available in its segment. And that makes it one of the most popular choices for someone looking for a chauffeured sedan. Earlier this year, Mercedes-Benz launched the 2017 E-Class LWB in India at Rs 56.15 lakh, ex-Mumbai.
Presently, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB with a choice between a 2-litre petrol and a 3-litre V6 diesel. The latter also does duty in the S-Class as well. Mercedes-Benz will be adding a 2-litre diesel model to the E-Class range, that will be positioned below the V6. This model is already on sale in the international markets. The 1,950cc motor puts out 194PS from as low as 3,800rpm and generates 400Nm between 1,600 to 2,800rpm. This motor will be mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission,
This new addition to the E-Class range will share its features such as individual 34-degree recline for the rear seats, sunroof along with other creature comforts that are already seen in the E-Class LWB.
We believe, with the addition of the E220 d LWB, Mercedes-Benz will be reaching out to a wider audience seeking for luxury and comfort along with practicality. The V6 diesel is priced at Rs 69.47 lakh, ex-Mumbai. We expect the new E-Class E220 d LWB to be priced at Rs 62 lakh. The E-Class rivals the likes of the Jaguar XF, Audi A6 and the BMW 5 Series.
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52 Lakhs
Starts Rs 46.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car