Mercedes-Benz GL-Class to roll out of Chakan plant from August 26
Good news for the fans of the new Mercedes Benz GL-Class. Launched in India earlier this year as a CBU, the new GL-Class is set to get cheaper with the automaker announcing that the largest SUV in its stable will begin to roll out from its Chakan plant in Pune later this month, August 26 to be exact.
2013 Mercedes GL 350 CDI
The first allotment of the GL350 CDI was shipped to India from the Alabama plant, USA, in May. The company has reportedly already sold the first 100 'Launch Edition' units.
However, the high taxes on luxury car imports in India and rising dollar prices make local assembly of units a win-win proposition.
The Chakan Plant will assemble the GL350 CDI from imported CKD units. Although the pricing has not been announced, the locally assembled cars are expected to be at least Rs 10 lakh cheaper than the CBU units. The fully imported units had an AMG body kit, 21-inch AMG alloys, Designo upholstery and temperature-controlled cup holders.
The heart of the GL350 is a 3-litre oil-burner that dishes out 260PS and peak torque of 620Nm. A dual-clutch 7-speed automatic gearbox is paired with the engine. The GL350 does a 0-100 km dash in close to 10 seconds.
On the outside, the GL is styled with an imposing grille, SL-inspired headlamps and daytime LED running lamps. The GL-Class is rich with features like COMAND Navigation, Active Park Assist, Three Zone Climate Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Wind Assist System to fight off the cross winds and 360 degree Camera System.
This Mercedes-Benz will be the first of its kind assembled outside the automaker's Tuscaloosa plant in Alabama, USA.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip