Mercedes-Benz GLA compact SUV to be launched in India on September 30
Mercedes' onslaught of launches has been keeping our calendars choc-a-bloc. After bringing out a couple of new AMG vehicles and more, the German luxury carmaker is looking to launch its smallest SUV, the GLA in India on September 30. And in a week's time, we will also have the E 350 CDI hitting Indian roads.
The Mercedes GLA will be a competitor for the Q3 and the X1. It's compact and is built on the same platform as the A- and B-Class cars. Its looks, like the Q3's, command unanimous appeal - they're a far cry than the X1's, which have people either applauding BMW's radical design or expressing outrage for well, the same radical design. While internationally the GLA is available with a 4Matic mode, India will as of now, get only the two-wheel drive version. Ground clearance though, for the Indian roads, has been raised to 183mm.
The GLA will come with two engine choices. One is a 1.6-litre turbopetrol which makes 155PS and 250Nm of torque. The second, a diesel is the four cylinder 2.2l motor which produces 135PS and 300Nm. Both the engines come mated to a 7-speed automatic. Mercedes will be bringing in the GLA to India via the CBU route.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Mercedes-Benz GLA:
Starts Rs 32.33 Lakhs
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood
- NewsKawasaki Versys 650 BSVI launched in India at Rs. 6.79 lakh