Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG Coupe to be launched in India on January 12
Mercedes-Benz will launch the GLE 450 AMG Coupe in India on January 12, 2016. The GLE is essentially a facelifted M-Class which gets the new moniker because of the updated nomenclature. Apart from the new look, the GLE gets a host of new options and features.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG Coupe doesn't look like a conventional SUV and this is evident from its sloping coupe like roof line. The new face of the Mercedes-Benz GLE gets restyled headlights with new LED DRLs. Even the bumper and grille get a revamp from the earlier generation M-Class.
This one will also get an AMG styling kit with upgrades that include 20-inch AMG wheels. The side and the rear get minimum changes. The cabin layout of the new GLE 450 AMG gets basic changes for that added premium appeal. The steering wheel is new, gets more grip and larger controls. The control knob is larger and there's also a touchpad like in the C- and S-Class. Add to this, a knob for the various drive modes.
The GLE Coupe is powered by a 3.0-litre biturbo V-6 engine that makes 362PS at 5,500-6,000rpm and generates a torque of 520Nm at 1,800-4,000 rpm. This motor is mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission. The GLE coupe can reach 100 kmph in a mere 5.6 seconds. Post its launch in India, it will compete with the BMW X6.
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks