Mercedes-Benz GLE400 petrol launched in India at Rs 74.90 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India today launched the petrol variant of the GLE. Priced at Rs 74.90 lakh, ex-Delhi, the GLE400 joins the 250d and 350d diesel variants and the performance-oriented GLE 450 AMG coupe. This the company's seventh launch in India and will be brought in the country via the CBU route. Mercedes claims that the SUV segment has been the fastest-growing segment for the company in the past two years, which is also evident in the customers' preference among the company's portfolio.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE 400 petrol comes with a 2,996cc V6 petrol engine that puts out 333PS of power and 480Nm of torque at 1,600 rpm. This motor comes mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission. The GLE400 also comes with five driving modes, namely comfort, sport, slippery, individual and off-road which alters the suspension, throttle response, transmission and steering characteristics. These modes are seen on the diesel models as well.
In terms of features, the Mercedes-Benz GLE 400 comes equipped with Apple CarPlay as standard and also sports an 830W Harman Kardon surround sound system with 14 speakers. Other features include a panoramic sunroof as well as the Mercedes COMAND system with a larger and higher resolution 8-inch screen which displays navigation, telephone and audio-video options. The Mercedes-Benz GLE400 also comes with crosswind assist, attention assist, active parking assist and brake assist. It also comes with six airbags for driver and passenger protection, i.e. adaptive front airbags, sidebags for driver and front passenger and also window air bags between A-, B- and C-pillars.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE400 is the only petrol SUV in its segment and competes with the likes of the BMW X5 and the Audi Q5 in India. Mercedes will be launching a few more new cars this year. We did drive the new GLC Coupe, though Mercedes-Benz India confirmed that the car will not make it to our shores soon. Expect it to make an appearance in showrooms next year.
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019