Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class Grand Edition launched in India
Mercedes Benz India has launched a new Grand Edition variant of its GLS-Class full-size luxury SUV. These cars get a comprehensive update over the standard cars with features like black rings integrated with LED light system, 'Grand Edition' exterior badges and chrome fins on the bonnet, 20 inch, 10-spoke black painted alloy wheels with a high-sheen finish and a standard-fit rear seat entertainment system which comes with two 7 inch high definition screens.
Mechanically, the Grand Edition cars get a 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine producing 258 hp and 620 Nm in the GLS 350d while the GLS 400 features a V6 petrol engine that delivers 333 hp and 480 Nm. Both engines are paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission. Both, the GLS 350d Grand Edition (Diesel), and the GLS 400 Grand Edition (Petrol) are priced at Rs 86.90 Lakh (ex-showroom India).
The cars were unveiled at Mercedes-Benz' facility in Chakan, Pune by Mr Roland Folger, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India. Mercedes claims India is one of the top 6 markets for the GLS-class globally but the car has faced stiff competition from newer rivals like the Audi Q7, BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne and the Range Rover. This update will let the GLS-class remain competitive until the completely new car launches in a segment which has seen intense activity and a number of new entrants in the last few years.
Starts Rs 82.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.1 Crore
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...