Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class Grand Edition launched in India
Mercedes Benz India has launched a new Grand Edition variant of its GLS-Class full-size luxury SUV. These cars get a comprehensive update over the standard cars with features like black rings integrated with LED light system, 'Grand Edition' exterior badges and chrome fins on the bonnet, 20 inch, 10-spoke black painted alloy wheels with a high-sheen finish and a standard-fit rear seat entertainment system which comes with two 7 inch high definition screens.
Mechanically, the Grand Edition cars get a 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine producing 258 hp and 620 Nm in the GLS 350d while the GLS 400 features a V6 petrol engine that delivers 333 hp and 480 Nm. Both engines are paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission. Both, the GLS 350d Grand Edition (Diesel), and the GLS 400 Grand Edition (Petrol) are priced at Rs 86.90 Lakh (ex-showroom India).
The cars were unveiled at Mercedes-Benz' facility in Chakan, Pune by Mr Roland Folger, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India. Mercedes claims India is one of the top 6 markets for the GLS-class globally but the car has faced stiff competition from newer rivals like the Audi Q7, BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne and the Range Rover. This update will let the GLS-class remain competitive until the completely new car launches in a segment which has seen intense activity and a number of new entrants in the last few years.
Starts Rs 82.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14