Mercedes-Benz GLS launched in India at Rs 80.40 lakh (ex-Pune)
Mercedes-Benz has launched the GLS SUV in India at Rs 80.40 lakh (ex-Pune). For the first time, the GLS will be made in India and outside its plant in Tuscaloosa, United States. The GLS sits above the entire SUV range as the flagship model. The Mercedes-Benz GLS is essentially a facelifted version of the GL and gets a new name according to the brand's new model nomenclature. Addition to the minor changes in the exterior design, the GLS will boast of an exhausting list of features that are also seen on the ultra luxurious S-Class.
The front profile has been updated with a more pronounced radiator grille and new multi-beam headlights along with integrated DRLs. The radiator grille gets a bright chrome finish with a large tri-star logo affixed on the centre. The front and the rear bumpers too get revised lines to make them look sportier than before. The other changes in the design include a muscular bonnet and new LED tail lamps. The side profile doesn't get any substantial updates. The Mercedes-Benz GLS measures 5,130mm in length, 1,934mm in width and 1,850mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 3,075mm.
The interior of the GLS SUV will get a similar arrangement as on the S-Class. All the three row seats will be draped in leather. The most important update, however, is the new tablet-like eight-inch infotainment screen. It will continue to show similar options as seen in the GL. Similar to the S-Class, the GLS too gets multiple ambient light options. The GLS will also come with a host of safety features, such as brake assist, ESP, pre-safe and collision prevention assist.
This premium Mercedes-Benz SUV is powered by the same six-cylinder 2,987cc diesel engine which makes 261PS at 3,400 rpm and generates 620Nm of torque at 1,600-2,400rpm. This motor is paired to a 9-speed automatic transmission. The main highlight of the GLS SUV is the adaptive damping system which automatically adjusts the air springs, making them harder or softer to suit the situation.
Starts Rs 82.65 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh