Mercedes-Benz India announces Advanced Assurance Programme
Almost every car manufacturer in the country has been focusing on improving the post sales experience that they offer their customers, since this does play an important role in the reason behind why customers choose the brands that they do. Mercedes-Benz India has collaborated with Daimler Financial Services India and Reliance General Insurance to offer an extended warranty service to its customers, with the intention of easing the ownership experience.
Presently, Mercedes-Benz India customers could avail warranty till up to four years from the date of purchase of their vehicles. But now under the Advanced Assurance Programme, the warranty can be attained for a period of up to six years. This move is an industry first by any car manufacturer in India. The new extended warranty programme was inaugurated by Roland Folger, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, Fred Weick, MD & CEO, Daimler Financial Services India and Rakesh Jain, MD, Reliance General Insurance India.
Mercedes-Benz already offers a standard warranty of three years on its product range in India. And now under the new initiative, customers can avail the warranty in three options. They can either opt for a package for just the fourth year, or one for the fourth and fifth year, or perhaps one for the fourth, fifth and sixth year. Mercedes claims that under the Advanced Assurance Programme, the cost of extended warranty is reduced considerably, from Rs 33,000 for the A-Class to Rs 1,98,000 for the S-Class. The warranty for the new E-Class LWB is Rs. 66,000, making it 18 per cent less than the existing extended warranty programmes. The programme will be available across all dealerships in the country. The company has also introduced an online payment calculator to simplify the buying process.
Some of the benefits of the Advanced Assurance Programme include flexibility in getting the scheme anytime before the completion of three years of ownership and periodic servicing. Additionally, the benefits of the programme can also be passed on to the second and subsequent owners.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018