Mercedes-Benz India appoints Martin Schwenk as the new MD and CEO
Mercedes-Benz India has issued an official release stating the appointment of Martin Schwenk as the new MD and CEO of the automobile brand in India. The German is currently the Chief Financial Officer of Beijing Mercedes-Benz Sales Service Co. Ltd. in China. He will be taking over his new responsibilities at Mercedes-Benz India from November 1, 2018 onwards. He replaces Roland Folger, who will now move on to a new position at Mercedes-Benz's Thailand and Vietnam markets.
"India's rich cultural diversity, the young population, the diverse customs, different languages and topography together with its importance as a future economic power house; makes it a compelling market to grow the business." - Martin Schwenk
The company states, "In the last three years under the leadership of Roland Folger, Mercedes-Benz India has witnessed significant growth rates, achieving the highest market share in the luxury car segment. Roland Folger played a key role in formulating the brand's growth strategy that includes market introductions of key products like the roll-out of the E-Class Long Wheelbase, qualitative expansion of the network footprint, and also the creation of the Vehicle Preparation Centre."
"I am very satisfied about Mercedes-Benz India's strong leadership position in the market and our relentless efforts in creating new benchmark in customer delight." - Roland Folger
Further, Mercedes-Benz India reached an important milestone by crossing the 15,000 annual sales number and in Jan-June 2018, the brand registered 8061 units of sales. During his tenure in India, Roland Folger has also been instrumental in initiating an array of positive cultural changes within Mercedes-Benz India and successfully driving Daimler AG's Expedition 2020 initiative.
Martin started his career at Daimler in 1992. Afterwards, he has taken various important positions in finance and controlling in several locations, including Germany, South Africa, Austria and United States. In September 2015, Martin joined the Mercedes-Benz Sales Organization in China as the Chief Financial Officer.
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019