Mercedes-Benz India appoints Michael Jopp as VP of sales and marketing
Mercedes-Benz India has appointed Michael Jopp as its new vice president of sales and marketing division. He will be replacing Boris Fitz who is taking up a larger role in Mercedes-Benz Turkey.
Roland Folger, Mercedes-Benz India's managing director and CEO, stated that Fitz had an important role in the brand's sales growth in India "amidst myriad market challenges." He also stated the Fitz contributed greatly towards setting up the "densest and most qualitative dealer network" in the country with dedicated dealers.
On welcoming the new VP, Folger stated that he is confident that Jopp's experience will continue the brand's growth in such a competitive and dynamic market. Jopp has nearly 20 years of experience in the domestic automobile industry in Germany and other international markets from the OEM and distributor side.
According to Mercedes-Benz, he has plenty of experience in sales, product, and marketing management and was responsible for the brand's sales performance and profitability in Berlin. He has also considerably worked with Daimler AG's 'smart' brand and its dealer network.
Last year Mercedes-Benz launched a total of 15 models, and this year we expect the German carmaker to launch another 10 models, including the Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe. In 2016 the brand has launched the Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 in India at Rs 77.50 lakh, ex-Delhi (read our road test review here) and the Mercedes-Benz GLC (read our review here).
Starts Rs 56.16 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- NewsNew-gen Nissan Livina MPV is a rival to Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Honda BR-V
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani