Mercedes-Benz India body repair training facility inaugurated in Chinchwad
Mercedes-Benz India has inaugurated a Auto Body Shop repair training facility in Chinchwad. Opened in association with Don Bosco ITI, the training centre is part of the company's CSR activity and will enable the youth around the region to pursue their interest in the automobile field. Mercedes-Benz India has invested close to Rs 3 crore into this training centre and has also donated a new C-Class for training purpose.
The training centre which has an area of 900sqm will be manned by trainers who were taught the ropes at Mercedes' Chakan plant. They also underwent training at various Mercedes dealerships and at body shop equipment providers M/s Cellete. Mercedes says that a 10th std passout can also enrol for this job oriented course. There will be 21 students in each batch and the duration of the course will be a year. The students will also be imparted knowledge of Mercedes-Benz Auto Body technology for a month after the course is completed. Using the knowledge given here, the students can also apply at various other automobile body shops. Based on campus recruitment, the best students will be absorbed into Mercedes' facility or into one of the dealerships.
Inaugurating the Training Centre, Roland Folger, managing director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, "India is rich in its manpower, but opportunities and facilities that train and gainfully employ them are by far, few. On the other hand, growth in the automotive industry, changing technology, a burgeoning economy, a larger disposable income and lowering first hand life-cycle of cars have triggered huge demand for skilled technicians and that of upskilling in the sector. Mercedes-Benz has been the pioneers in providing employment to talented young heads over a decade now, by introducing them to the Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics course by collaborating with various reputed technical institutions. We have been conducting these programmes with very high levels of success, and the overwhelming response from the aspiring students has inspired us to expand our skill sharing initiatives further."
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed