Mercedes-Benz India GLC CKD prices start at Rs 47.90 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India has started local assembly of the GLC SUV from its Pune plant. This is the company's ninth locally assembled product. Mercedes has also introduced a base GLC 220d Style at Rs 47.9 lakh while prices for the GLC 220d Sport are now Rs 51.50 lakh (earlier Rs 55.70 lakh) and Rs 51.90 lakh for the GLC 300 Sport (previously Rs 55.90lakh), ex-Delhi.
The Mercedes-Benz GLC is an all-new SUV based on the C-Class platform and hence the name. It is 80kg lighter than its predecessor the GLK and is claimed to have the lightest body shell in its segment. Four-wheel drive is standard for the GLC range which also gets different driving modes like Comfort, Eco, Sport, Sport+ and Individual.
The powertrains for the Mercedes-Benz GLC remain unchanged. This means a 170PS/400Nm diesel engine in the GLC 220d and 245PS/370Nm in the GLC300. Both the vehicles transfer power to the road via a 7-speed auto transmission. All three variants of the GLC are loaded to the gills with equipment which include auto bi-Xenon headlamps, cruise control and sunroof.
Mercedes is expected to launch the GLC 300 coupe in India as well. We have driven the car and you can read all about it here. At the moment, we are driving the Mercedes-Benz GLC petrol and diesel SUVs in the hilly and low oxygen regions of Leh-Ladakh. Follow @odmag on Twitter to catch up on this Starstruck and how the SUVs cope up with the climate.
Starts Rs 52.75 Lakhs
- NewsFounder of Nikola Motor, fuel-cell transit revolutionary, resigns amidst claims of fraud
- NewsTata Nexon EV subscription rates dropped for limited period, now at Rs 34,900
- NewsMG Hector gets dual-tone colour options, prices start from Rs 16.84 lakh
- NewsHyundai Tucson and Elantra get new warranty and maintenance plan
- Review2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo road test review