Mercedes-Benz India GLC CKD prices start at Rs 47.90 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India has started local assembly of the GLC SUV from its Pune plant. This is the company's ninth locally assembled product. Mercedes has also introduced a base GLC 220d Style at Rs 47.9 lakh while prices for the GLC 220d Sport are now Rs 51.50 lakh (earlier Rs 55.70 lakh) and Rs 51.90 lakh for the GLC 300 Sport (previously Rs 55.90lakh), ex-Delhi.
The Mercedes-Benz GLC is an all-new SUV based on the C-Class platform and hence the name. It is 80kg lighter than its predecessor the GLK and is claimed to have the lightest body shell in its segment. Four-wheel drive is standard for the GLC range which also gets different driving modes like Comfort, Eco, Sport, Sport+ and Individual.
The powertrains for the Mercedes-Benz GLC remain unchanged. This means a 170PS/400Nm diesel engine in the GLC 220d and 245PS/370Nm in the GLC300. Both the vehicles transfer power to the road via a 7-speed auto transmission. All three variants of the GLC are loaded to the gills with equipment which include auto bi-Xenon headlamps, cruise control and sunroof.
Mercedes is expected to launch the GLC 300 coupe in India as well. We have driven the car and you can read all about it here. At the moment, we are driving the Mercedes-Benz GLC petrol and diesel SUVs in the hilly and low oxygen regions of Leh-Ladakh. Follow @odmag on Twitter to catch up on this Starstruck and how the SUVs cope up with the climate.
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids