Mercedes-Benz India helps set up plant in Brazil
Mercedes-Benz announced starting a new passenger-car production plant in Brazil. Located at Iracemápolis in the Sao Paulo metropolitan area, the new plant will help Mercedes-Benz extend its production network which at present is done in 26 different locations.
The Brazilian employees received their training and production process familiarization in September and November 2015 at the Mercedes-Benz India plant in Chakan, Pune. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class was the first sedan to roll out of the Brazilian production plant. Post the C-Class, the Brazil plant will also start manufacturing the GLA SUV. The German car manufacturer has made an investment of BRL 600 million (Rs 1084 crore) in the Iracemápolis plant. This plant has an annual capacity of 20,000 units. Benz states that the in the initial stages, the plant will generate 600 new jobs while the area is expected to generate 3,000 jobs.
Roland Folger, managing director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, "It's a matter of immense pride for us that Mercedes-Benz India was chosen to train the Brazilian colleagues and familiarize them with the production process, towads setting up the new assembly plant in Iracemápolis. India is a forerunner amongst Mercedes-Benz's assembly plants globally, and in the past we have already supported the plant in Vietnam in the global network. Both the teams gained in creating trust, a bond of friendship beyond cultures and continents, and being an ideal example demonstrating the strength of collaborative working. Our contribution in training the Brazilian colleagues also strongly underscores our prowess and rich experience in local production of luxury cars, which we have pioneered 20 years back in India."
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod