Mercedes-Benz India starts phase II production in Chakan
Mercedes-Benz India inaugurated the phase II production at its facility in Chakan, Pune. The Mercedes Chakan plant can now produce 20,000 cars per annum.
Along with the inauguration of the plant, Mercedes-Benz also announced local assembly of the GLA. The new price for the Mercedes-Benz GLA CDI is Rs 31.31 lakh for the Style trim and Rs 34.25 lakh for the Sport, ex-Pune respectively.
Mercedes says that they have installed state of the art equipment to assemble the MFA platform-based GLA SUV. Mercedes-Benz may also start local assembly of the CLA in the near future.
Starts Rs 32.33 Lakhs
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block