Mercedes-Benz India's highest selling car is the E-Class LWB
Mercedes-Benz India recently announced it's sales figures for 2018. The LWB E-Class remained the highest selling model for the brand, followed by the C-Class and the CLA. SUVs which notable contributed to Mercedes' sales were the GLA, GLC, GLE and the GLS, with the GLC being the highest seller. It's Mercedes-AMG models were also a significant sales contribution. AMG E 63 S, the AMG GLE 43 Coupe and AMG GLC 43 coupe were most popular.
The company sold 15,538 cars in the country in 2018. This is the second consecutive year in which it has sold over 15,000 cars in India. Also, this is the fourth consecutive year in which the company has led the luxury car market in India, commanding 40 per cent market share. The company says unique customer service initiatives, experiential brand experience activities across markets and finance programmes have supported the brand's growth last year.
In 2019, Mercedes India will celebrate 25 years of operations. The new gen GLE SUV is set to debut this year as are a number of new AMG models previously unseen here, the AMG GT 4-door seems like a given. The company also plans to introduce new customer service initiatives and consolidate the existing service initiatives. It will also expand its retail network in newer markets and introduce new luxury elements in its dealerships. There will be significant focus on Tier-II and Tier-III regions and new experiential events like Brand Tour, Service on Wheels, Service Clinics, LuxeDrive and AMG Emotional Tours
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.5 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055